Top 10 Biggest Vehicles Of All Time
- Опубликовано: 21 ноя 2017
- Top 10 Biggest Vehicles Of All Time
► Subscribe: goo.gl/vHN6qB
For copyright matters please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
As the world progresses, the need for bigger machines arises. From giant pieces of mining equipment and flying cargo fortresses, to incredibly huge moving platforms transporting tons of equipment. We went out to find some of these legendary giants and put together 10 Biggest Vehicles of All Time.
10. Bagger 293 - If you've never seen this massive earth mover before, then you would be amazed by its sheer size. The Bagger 293 is the largest land vehicle in the world and holds the Guinness World record. It is the latest in a series of large earth moving excavators, with this one being the largest of them all.
9. Nasa Crawler Transporter - This is the biggest crawler-transporter in the world. It’s amazing that something that was designed over 50 years ago is still the largest track vehicles ever made.
8. SPMT - Almost like the NASA Transporter, but utilizing rubber tires and wheels. The SPMT, or 'Self-Propelled Modular Transporters' consist of different modules with 4, 5, 6 and 8 axle lines. Load capacity differs per version, with a maximum of up to 44 tons per axle line.
7. Caterpillar 797B - These large dump trucks have been in production since 1998, and are Caterpillar's largest and highest capacity dump trucks, or often called a 'haul-truck'. The engine in this beast has 3,400 horsepower, and gets that from a 24-cylinder electronic unit injection, quad single-stage turbocharged, liquid after-cooled, four-stroke diesel engine, the Cat 3524B HD.
6. BelAZ 75710 - If you want to know what the largest haul truck in the world is, take a look at the BelAZ 75710. This giant earth moving machine that was built in 2013 has a conventional two-axle setup, but the wheels are doubled to four wheels per axle. It needs eight 59 by 80R 63 inch tires.
5. Prelude FLNG - The Prelude is the world’s second floating liquefied natural gas platform as well as the world’s biggest offshore facility ever constructed. This massive floating rig 1,601 feet long, and 243 feet wide. It was made with more than 260,000 tons of steel, and fully loaded will displace more than 600,000 tons.
4. Antonov an-225 Mriya - It's hard to get an idea of just how big this airplane is without seeing it person, but just one of its wings is the same width as an entire Airbus A320, and it’s also double the length of the passenger jet. It was designed and built in Ukraine, part of the Soviet Union in the 1980s, by the Antonov Corporation to carry Soviet space shuttles.
3. LeTourneau TC-497 Overland Train - is the world’s longest off-road vehicle. It is able to move 100 tons of cargo over sand, snow, and other rough terrain. The TC-497, at 572 feet long, had four 1,170 horsepower solar gas turbine engines with a total of 4,680 horsepower.
2. Schwerer Gustav 800mm Rail Cannon - Named after the head of the Krupp family, the Gustav Gun weighed in at a massive 1344 tons, so heavy that even though it was attached to a rail car, it still had to be disassembled before moving so as to not destroy the twin set of tracks as it passed over. Gustav eventually went to war at the siege of Sevastopol in July 1942.
1. The Terex/Bucyrus RH400 - The Bucyrus RH400, owned by Caterpillar, is the world’s biggest hydraulic excavators. It was originally launched by Terex in Germany in 1997, but Bucyrus acquired the mining equipment division of Terex in 2010, and Bucyrus was acquired by Caterpillar in 2011.